Club Incline is a Father & Son club for boys in grades 2 – 8 and their dads
It reinforces parents’ efforts to cultivate virtue and a spirit of service in their sons, helping them develop leadership skills from the very beginning.
The club encourages fathers to be actively involved in their sons’ lives, developing a friendship that will last a lifetime. Each session will include fun activities and a short talk on learning good habits. Fathers will also have a chance to share experiences with each other about raising children well.
Why Club Incline?
- The boys learn about basic moral virtues (fortitude, temperance, etc.) through talks and fun activities with each other and with their fathers.
- The fathers spend meaningful time with their sons in a team setting. Club Incline will demonstrate how to foster a strong character in their boys.
- Both fathers and sons can develop friendships and use the talks and activities as an opportunity for further conversations.
What Happens at the Club Meetings?
- 10-minute talk for the boys on some aspect of character; the fathers also attend.
- 30-minute creative, fun, and competitive activity for just the boys. During the activity for boys, the fathers attend a talk on parenting, the virtues, and family life.
- 60-minute team activity for fathers and their sons.
- 10-minute homily in the chapel, with opportunity for Confession.
Who Can Attend?
Fathers and their 2nd through 8th grade sons. Fathers are expected to attend the monthly meetings with their sons.
The yearly fee for Club Incline is $90. No additional payment is necessary if you have two or more sons in the same activity. If you prefer to pay as you go, simply pay $10 for each session you attend.
2019/2020 Meeting Dates and Times
The club meets on the from 11 am to 1 pm, on the following dates:
- Saturday 9/21
- Saturday 10/19
- Saturday 11/16
- Saturday 12/21
- Saturday 1/18
- Saturday 2/15
- Saturday 3/21
- Saturday 4/18
- Saturday 5/16
Club meetings will take place at Warwick House, 5090 Warwick Terrace, Pittsburgh PA 15213.