The Bridge is a Father & Son club for boys in grades 6 – 8 and their dads. It teaches boys to become men of character. They learn to overcome difficulties, to respect others and to aspire to higher ideals. For the fathers, the club provides tools to help them educate their sons to be this sort of man.
In each session, fathers and sons will enjoy intellectual and physical activities with others. There will be also a short talk on learning good habits and developing stronger friendships.
For the Boys:
- To begin thinking about what kind of men they want to be when they grow up.
- To engage in fun activities where they can enrich their personality.
- To become friends with other boys who are developing their character.
For the Fathers:
- To have a chance to spend time with their sons in a fun atmosphere.
- To better understand the virtues and see how they can help their sons acquire them.
- To foster conversations with their sons about deeper subjects at home.
What Happens at the Club Meetings?
- 45-minute creative activity for the boys like skits, magic tricks or charades.
- 50-minute physical activity for boys with the fathers: sports, or something like repairing bicycle flats, splitting logs or building model rockets.
- 15-minute talk for the boys on some aspect of the character; the fathers also attend.
- Concluding snack for the fathers and sons to mingle.
- A priest is available for Confession at any time.
Who Can Join The Bridge?
Fathers and their 6th – 8th-grade sons. Fathers are expected to attend the monthly meetings with their sons.
Club Incline is a similar, but separate program for younger boys that will be occurring at the same time. Fathers are welcome to bring their sons to that program as well.
The September session is free. Sessions from October-May are $10 for each boy in attendance. Alternatively, families may prepay $75 for the entire program (plus $50 for each additional son). Scholarships are available upon request.
Payments can be made online by credit card (warwickhouse.org/payments), or by check made payable to Warwick House and sent to 5090 Warwick Terrace, Pittsburgh, PA 15213.
2018/2019 Meeting Dates and Times
The club meets on the first Saturday of the month from 11 am to 1 pm, on the following dates:
- Sat 9/1
- Sat 10/6
- Sat 11/3
- Sat 12/1
- Sat 1/5
- Sat 2/2
- Sat 3/2
- Sat 4/6
- Sat 5/4
Club meetings will take place at Warwick House, 5090 Warwick Ter, Pittsburgh PA 15213.